Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Little Chubster!

Matthew is continuing to grow...over 6 lbs now and not stopping! I think he is definitely getting enough food. I will again try to get some pictures on soon...i have them, but I usually blog from the hospital. Everyone will think he is still small, but to me he seems huge!! He has a double, going on triple, chin. He has lots of rolls (everywhere), and huge thighs for his size (in my opinion). I am used to Andrew (always in the 5th percentile) and Matthew is somewhere above the 50th and climbing...by the time everyone sees him, he will look completely different! The docs, and nurses, sometimes forget that he is still only 34 wks (gestational age) and not 36 or 37. We actually have to remind them here and there :) I know, I know...that's why I need to get some more pictures on this blog.

Let's see...Matthew may be home in a week or two, based on my observation. I wouldn't be surprised if it were sooner, than later. He is still on O2, but doing better on his own and doesn't need a lot of stimulation if he desats (breathes shallow). He is feeding from a bottle during the day, taking by mouth about 15-35ml (out of 50), this will improve as he gets older and has more energy to stay awake. It is actually possible that he will go home with O2 and tube feedings...we will just wait and see. Matthew had an eye exam on Monday, which showed immature vessels (not connected to the eye yet), which happens in some preemies and they will do weekly testing to see if this improves. No need to be concerned at this point. He also had a cranial (brain) ultrasound on Monday, which came back perfectly normal, Yeah!! :) The docs say that he should be getting "stars" for overachieving in many aspects.

I have realized in the last week and especially the last couple of days, exactly how (stressed?) that I actually am. I feel like there is no time to do the million and one things that need done. I feel relaxed, but then...my to do list keeps growing, as well as the laundry, housecleaning, organizing, regular preschool activities/trips, and Andrew just misses me more and more... These things weren't bothering me much, until Andrew started really reacting to my leaving every day. It will be nice for him just to have me at home, even though lots of time will still be given to Matthew. Again...thank you Dad! for helping out..what would we have ever done without you!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update! That sounds great! We are looking forward to the party! Please let me know if you need any help with that.

    Love, C

    PS: Happy Birthday Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete