Friday, January 23, 2009

Muscle???.....What's that?

Today I was so excited to take a shower and actually feel like a human being! By the time I got out, I trully felt like a new woman....a 90 year old woman that is :) Muscle???? My body has obviously forgotten what that is. WARNING...some of you may not want to continue... I was in the shower and looked behind me and actually thought I'd see a "behind" me, but it was gone!! As I looked a little closer I realized that it was there...right behind the back of my knees!! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating A LITTLE. As I looked at my legs and arms I realized there is no muscle left there either. Wow...this surely is an interesting journey.

Ok, somewhat seriously...I really was totally exhausted, in fact by the time I finished getting ready, my heart was racing and right now I feel like I could take a very long nap. I almost didn't finish blowdrying my hair (sitting in a chair, mind you), it was a lot of effort...then a friend called and, even though I laid back down, I believe she could her my heartbeat right over the phone...or maybe that was my inability to catch my breath :) This experience, even though I trully do feel a whole lot more human, makes me wonder how much effort a walk around the block will be. This is the first time in my life I actually feel what I hear a lot of people say, "I'm too old for this!"

Oh ya...I still have to go through labor:)

Well, it's all worth it and I'm trying my best to find humor in everything, so bear with me. I hope not to offend anyone (It's a good thing I can't post pictures...honestly, just kidding).

Ok, back to the serious side...I guess...

The last couple days have been great, I have kept myself very busy and having this blog really helps already. I feel like I can actually communicate with those I love and keep my sanity at the same time. This week has gone by fairly fast.

Even though I am still experiencing contractions, the last couple of days have been minimal (3-5 daily vs. 2-3 an hour...major difference here). Hopefully this continues for a while and I won't be visiting the hospital until my next visit. It is nice to be home. I miss my family so much when I'm gone. Andrew is my little entertainer, loves to keep me company, and is a great snuggler. He has been learning some new games while I have been on bedrest, like UNO. He is doing great and we have been so thankful that he has remained healthy through all of this. We are getting a little behind in the therapy department, but I'm sure he enjoys the break, and we will catch up when I get off the couch. He doesn't seem bothered by any of this, in fact, if I'm not on the couch for some reason, he says, "Where's mom, she is supposed to be on the couch", he gets after me quite a bit (someone has to keep me in line) :) Eric is doing great too, back to his old job as of today. He has a lot of responsibility now, but is such a strong, wonderful person. I don't know if I would handle everything as well as he does. He always comes through for us and I don't drive him too crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment