Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Day

A few contractions and bleeding today, but it seems to be letting up. I'm not feeling the best, a little sick to my stomach and tired. Hopefully, things will get better as the day goes on.

My regular OB thinks I may have sealed back up, that the baby is really too small to just be blocking the hole with his head. He said the placenta will be very thin where it broke, so my water could break again easily. Right now, the fluid can continue to increase, which will put less pressure on the umbilical cord. Baby is still doing fine.

If I am still pregnant at 34 wks, they will remove my stitch and induce labor. So no matter what, we will have the baby by the second week of March. We have 19 more days to get to 32 wks, which they say is the magic number in the NICU. At that point, they would no longer be concerned about a brain bleed. The only main issues to deal with would be treating for any infection and lung function.

1 comment:

  1. Can you even imagine talking about 34 weeks?? Crazy!! I'm so happy you remain pregnant and I'm super excited about this month for you guys. Still praying...

    ReplyDelete