Sunday, February 1, 2009

Made It To February And 29 Weeks!

I'm still pregnant, but had a pretty rough day yesterday. Frequent contractions stuck around until approx. 5:30pm, then spread out to approx. every 10 minutes until 7pm. After that, they had spread out more and more, and I ended up only having 5-6 tough ones through the night. That means, I actually got some sleep and feel much better today.

Today, I am having contractions every 5-10 minutes+, but rarely are they as strong as yesterday. So, we are hanging in there. Matthew still seems to be doing well, despite the cramped space that he has. The NICU met with us again yesterday, and it sounds as if they are pretty happy and confident with how far along he is now. Again, every day counts and we have done all we can do. It is out of our hands, and I will keep praying. As the docs have said, if my body delivers, there is a reason, could be infection, placental tear, etc.. so we have to let things happen.

It is hard at times, I always wanted to be so excited that the baby was coming, knowing the outcome of each contraction and active labor. Now, when I am contracting, we are saying "Not yet", "Stay in a little longer", and even though I can't wait to see him, I know it's best for him to stay in the womb as long as possible, if it remains a good environment.

We are prepared now, and so strongly feel that he will be ok. It has been a long road, and we still have a long road ahead, but we will all be ok, and it will all be sooooo worth it. We are already so attached to this little one. He will make a great addition to our family.

3 comments:

  1. Laura,
    So glad you are doing the blog. Have been receiving information from various people here and ther and have been praying. Now I can check in on you everyday. Will be praying for you and Matthew and the rest of the family. I am on facebook and our email is therileeze@gmail.com , even though we are in Chicago I still love and miss you all. Take care and rely on God's strength alone. Write again soon.
    In His Grip,
    Tracey Riley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you and your husband as you continue on the journey God has laid before you. You are such a blessing at our church and I am so glad you have become a part of our church family. We will continue to lift up you and Matthew as you await his perfectly timed arrival.
    His Servant,
    Desiree Merkey
    mdmerkey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear things are calming down. I pray that you will have peace from the Lord during this time. He is going to take care of little Matthew! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help! You take care and keep us updated!
    Love In Christ,
    Amy Solomon

    ReplyDelete